Monday, October 4, 2010

My 1st & last time visit to a toys warehouse sale

Here's my story...

Mattel had a warehouse sale at Atria and since I'm a first time mommy and I've never been to any toys warehouse sale before, I heard there's going to be a great bargain there. Sounds perfect since I wanted to get some toys for my girl's birthday, I thought why not I get it from there. I call up my sister to come along with me since loukong need to work 2 Saturdays ago. I arrived at sister's place on time and the journey to Atria was smooth.

The moment I arrive at the Atria carpark, I was shocked. Atria carpark was almost full and the time was not even 10am. As I was looking for a place to park, I could see people walking out of their cars rushing towards Atria.. Mmm... "It can't be that crowded right????" I told myself :p

WRONG...!

That's what happened the moment the shutter door open up. These parents (I assumed)  rushed to get empty boxes piled up near the entrance. Next, they pushed each other and stepping on other people's toes just to sweep whatever toys they could find placed on the tables. As I was walking in, 2 man nearly exchange punches and people are yelling "Don't PUSH!!! and Ouiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" from all corners. I freaked out and I wanted to make a U-turn to the nearest exit because my daughter's in a baby carrier and I was very worried she might get hurt. I hug her close to me, I turn around and these bulls people kept pushing me forward. I've no choice but to move towards a safe corner. By the time I reach the end of the room, that was what we discovered....


EMPTY TABLES

Oh yes! Everything was cleared from the display tables in less than 5 minutes! There's nothing to see, there's nothing to buy. Everybody was carrying their boxes full of toys and looking for a clear spot to sort out their toys and see what they've actually grabbed from the tables..

Let the sorting begun...

That's her response when I said to her "BABY, NO MORE TOYS TO BUY" :D

The situation in the room was calm  because everybody was quiet for a while, guess what my sister did? She took an empty box and walked away for about 15 minutes... While waiting for my sister, a trolley of toys arrived at one of the tables and parents rushed to that table, reaching out their arms to grab a box of whatever they can grab. Again I could hear people scolding each other and pulling each other's shirt just to grab one! Total madness...


15 minutes later, my sister came back with a box of toys. I asked how and where did she get those toys. She said she asked each and every group of people if 'they've any toys they don't want in their boxes'  0.o

Like that also can?!?

For the sake of her niece, love has blinded her for a while and she went all out to get her niece some toys!

Yes, we've a box load of nice toys for Janice effortlessly but we ended up leaving empty handed. Reason? The queue to pay was wayyyyyy too longggggggggg!

I believe this would be my 1st and the last time going to a toys warehouse sale. I'm truly disappointed with some people who would actually fight with each other just for TOYS! Its not even food we're fighting to sustain our lives. Its only Toys our children can live without. From now on, I shall return to my neighbourhood toy store and I can wiggle my backside all the way to the cashier without the risk of being hurt!


The end





2 comments:

  1. ehh.. wrong leh.. no toys no life wan.. just ask my 3 yo self.. =P HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cmajor, maybe next time I'll bring you along so you can help me fight with those bulls? ;)

    ReplyDelete