Friday, June 11, 2010

Goodbye cereal, hello whole food

Baby J was enjoying her instant cereal throughout the whole 6 months and finally, it's time for her to have her first taste of porridge. Grandma helped to wash and sun dried the brown rice in large batches for baby J

The washed & dried unpolished brown rice

The blended superfine brown rice was kept in an airtight glass container & stored in the fridge.


My first time cutting a pumpkin because all along, my mom will chop them into pieces for me. Now's my turn to do it for my own daughter. -.-


Pieces of pumpkin was blended into smaller chunks. I've blended a batch and it's all stored in glass air tight bottles now.


15ml of blended brown rice + 2 tablespoons of blended pumpkin + 1/2 cup of water + 30 minutes in the slow cooker set on 'high' gives you a bowl of smooth & sweet pumpkin porridge.

But did Baby J like it?

The answer is NO.

She didn't like it immediately. She gave me this face...

She shut her mouth so tight, not even a screw driver can open up her mouth to stuff the 3rd spoonful into her mouth!

The porridge ended up in my own tummy. It actually took her 3 days to get used to the new taste. FINALLY!


She'd got used to pumpkin and today, I will be trying carrots. Hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment